Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Paris Party

The theme that Aevyn wanted for her birthday party this year was 'French Cafe'.


Some may ask why a 7- year- old would pick that...  We live in a college town that has an incredible English Language Institute.  People come from all over the world to study English here, and some stay in local homes during their time. We've enjoyed hosting, and in the past 2 summer have had students from France. 


 Anthony stayed with us this past summer,
and Julia and Fanny stayed with us the
summer before.


Also, one of my oldest and dearest friends works and lives in Paris right now, so we skype weekly with her.  So, Aevyn loves all things France!


I spent some time working on ideas to make a Parisian party that would still feel like little girly.  Here are my inspirations from my Pinterest board.  We decided to do a tea party, with lots of black and white and pink.  With black bistro chairs and damask prints at table, our dining room naturally turned into our French cafe.


I'm always looking for new ways to use streamers, so I had found one image that look like a tent canopy.  I wrapped long pieces around our lamp to make them in a striped pattern.  They were the perfect backdrop when we added all the balloons. 


Aevyn's most favorite thing to do is color, so we set up an art table.  I had traced and copied images of a poodle, treat stand, and frame for a masterpiece.  We set out markers, glue, scissors, buttons, ribbons, and feathers.  Those girls were creative!


Aevyn asked that everyone wear stripes, and they looked adorable!  Here's the birthday tea toast!  They had tea and pink lemonade, cheese and crackers, and grapes.  We made mini cupcakes with strawberry frosting and nutella cake balls, and bought madeleine cookies.  Yum!  It was a delicious party!

We sent the girls home with a bag that included a cake lollipop, pencil, and a bunch of Haribo gummies that my friend, Jenni, had sent from Paris.


I hope my sweet girl had a wonderful time at her party!                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment