Thursday, November 17, 2011

Hot Pink Set

Hats and Aevyn have always been a tough combo!  Her head is the same size as mine, and has been since she was four!  Making cute, girly stuff and sizing it out right has been hit or miss for me!  But you can't go wrong with hot pink, right?


I love Patons Silk Bamboo yarn.  It feels so good and is super warm as a hat!  I had knitted a few hats last year with this yarn, based on the Star Crossed Slouchy Beret pattern, found on Ravelry.  I changed some of the numbers and increases (testing my math skills to the max!).  The silk bamboo yarn does stretch a good bit, so I tend to make it a little small and plan for growth over the season.  Aevyn's hat is one size smaller than I would make for myself, but with little hands pulling it on and off, I figured it would get plenty of stretch.

Once I finished the hat, I realized she still had a huge gap in her coat, exposing a sweet little neck that needed warmth.  So, I made a scarflette to match the cables.  


This can also be worn alone as an ear warmer.  I think Aev really likes that part a lot!


My little girl will be cozy and warm this winter, and her little pink head will add brightness where she is!

No comments:

Post a Comment