Sunday, February 5, 2012

Baby Knits

These days I don't seem to do much besides nurse my baby girl, change her diaper, feed everyone else, and get them where they need to be.  Needless to say, cleaning my house and knitting don't get the time they deserve!  My little darling loves to be held, and with my arms full of sweetness, it's hard to fiddle with knitting needles!

I have finished two projects though.  One just needed to be blocked and seamed, the other fulfilled a need to keep baby girls toes warm!

Remember this sweater I was so excited to start?  Well... it's finished, but I don't love it as much as I thought I would.


The collar is so wide and overwhelming.  Also, the sweater just wants to ride up, so I find myself constantly pulling it back down.  We all know comfort is essential when dressing babies.

I used the same wool blend yarn, in a cream colorway, to make these adorable Epipa Booties for Aline.


Cute little kickers!  I usually pull them up all the way so they cover her pants.  The ribbing keeps them nice and tight so they don't easily fall off.  This was a fun pattern.  One of the things I love about trying something new is that it often inspires my own creative design, assisted by the skills I've just used.

While my baby is nice and cozy, I'm starting to work on a few things for my sister-in-law's baby, due in 5 weeks!  

Here are a few more pics, just for fun!


Sleeping sweetly!


They love their little sis!


Aline and her new baby friend, Josiah.

No comments:

Post a Comment